TAG Heuer by Lynx Computer Configuration
Before taking photo-finish images and fully automatic times, the computer running TAG Heuer by Lynx must be configured properly. To check that your computer is compatible with a TAG Heuer by Lynx system, see Computer Requirements.
TAG Heuer by Lynx software can be installed by following the prompts on the USB device.
The capture button must be connected to a serial port. To add a serial port to the TAG Heuer by Lynx computer using the USB-Serial device provided, insert the CD supplied with the USB adapter into your computer’s CD drive and follow the instructions to install the driver software.
As the connection from your computer to the TAG Heuer by Lynx camera will be established over Ethernet, it is necessary to configure your computer’s Ethernet connection. It is recommended to assign a static IP address to the Network Interface Card to which the camera will be connected.
- To assign a static IP address:
- Go to the Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change adapter settings (right).
- Click to select the Network Interface Card used.
- Click Change settings of this connection (top).
- Click to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click Properties.
- Click Use the following IP address:.
- Enter the IP address:
- Note: Recommended - 192.168.0.5
- Enter the Subnet Mask:
- Note: Recommended - 255.255.255.0
- Click Ok.
- Click Ok.
In some cases, the computer's firewall or anti-virus software may block communications between the TAG Heuer by Lynx software and cameras. For this reason, it is recommended that these tools be disabled on the TAG Heuer by Lynx computer.