Digital Zoom Feature
TAG Heuer by Lynx cameras with a high resolution option have a digital zoom feature which allows:
- Taking very high resolution TAG Heuer by Lynx images.
- Use smaller, less expensive lenses.
- Use a wider variety of camera locations with a single lens.
Combined with higher frame rates this enables higher resolution images to be taken even in sports where objects are not moving at particularly high speeds. Higher resolution images help you:
- Evaluate an extremely close race.
- Print extremely high quality images.
When light is plentiful, digital zoom can be used to get more resolution for a given field of view. In situations where light is scarce, it can be used to get more light for less lens money.
The Pixel Mode, Frame Height and Frame Rate combine to produce high resolution images.
- To use digital zoom:
- Access the Camera Settings.
- Click to select the preferred Pixel Mode: Zoom level (150%, 200%, 300% depending on the camera model). The allowable Frame Height: is updated.
- Type a value in the Frame Height: text box to adjust the field of view.
- Type a value in the Frame Rate: text box to adjust the image ratio.
If you are currently using a 300mm f5.6 lens in Zoom 100%, you can set the Pixel Mode to Zoom 200% to achieve the same field of view with a 80-200mm f2.8 lens set at 150mm. The 80-200mm lens is considerably less expensive than the 300mm lens and offers four times the amount of light.