To assign a time to the right competitor, the identification method needs to be set.
The different identification methods create a link between the information entered when recording the time and the related field in the Results Zone.
Nothing When selected, evaluated times will create a new result object in the Results Zone. Times only appear, other information is entered by the operator manually.
|Lanes When selected, evaluated times will be linked to the results object with the same lane value in the Results Zone. Commonly used in sports where a competitor is assigned a lane used throughout the race, including the finish.|
|ID When selected, evaluated times will be linked to the results object with the same Id value in the Results Zone. Used when, prior to the event, each competitor is given an identification code assigned by the meet director - also known as a “Bib Number.”|
|License When selected, evaluated times will be linked to the results object with the same License value in the Results Zone. Used when, prior to the event, each competitor is given a number assigned by a licensing authority.|
The identification method is specific to each image pane and defined in the camera settings.
- To set the identification method:
- Access the Camera Settings dialog.
- Click the Setup Tab
- Click Identify by: radio button for the preferred method.
- Click Ok.
- When a new Event is created, the image pane for the selected camera will you the defined identification method by default.
The identification method can be changed from the Image Zone of an Event window.
- To change the method for a specific event:
- Click the ID Mode icon to cycle through the different methods.
- The selected method will be used for this event, but revert to the default selection for the next event.