A start signal is considered a wired start when it is received by TAG Heuer by Lynx via the Start port in the Connection Box. It can be produced by the sound of a gun, an electronic start system or a tape switch, for example.
To receive a wired start, the correct type of Start Sensor must be selected.
- To select the start sensor:
- Access the Camera Settings of a timer-enabled TAG Heuer by Lynx camera.
- Click on the Inputs Tab.
- Click the radio button to select the type of start sensor (Open or Closed) used.
- Click Ok.
When a Wireless Impulse System like the HL615 is used, it is connected to the Start port on the connection box and recognized as a wired start by the TAG Heuer by Lynx software. The start sensor in the Inputs Tab should be set to Open.
- To do this:
Create a new Event.
Start the race (fire gun, depress tape-switch, etc...).
- When the start sensor detects a signal:
- A start time is added to the Start Listing
- A start line is added in the Information Zone with the start time.
- The Armed indicators are removed.
- The Running Time box displays the running time.